Thursday, February 28, 2008

Political Judo Flip


I was listening to Keith Olbermann on my daily walk home, and listened as Olbermann described the last Clinton-Obama debate. He used the term "political jujitsu"(I'm not kidding). He used phrases such as striking your opponent when they least expect it and letting your opponent strike you and use that momentum to gain control. As I didn't see the debate I saw in my head Obama and Clinton not debating politely on serious issues, but rather fighting in Mortal Kombat.

I suppose this primary is much like the end of well-matched fight in Mortal Kombat. Hillary Clinton is the dizzy, defeated fighter. She whirls around aimlessly as the program demands "Finish Her!" I guess after Tuesday we'll know what Obama did. Did he lolligag and lose the fight, or did he pull out her spine (or some other cool finishing move), and hear the words, "You Win Rayden, er..I mean Obama." I guess you can just call it...Political Ninjitsu! *POW*

2 comments:

Shaw Girl said...

"Finish her"! Classic! Too bad he didn't finish her and put us all out of our collective misery. This primary is like the world's worst bad date: it's going on forever and we may end up paying in the end!

dcmart said...

I guess Obama is no Rayden, more like Johnny Cage.