Sunday, December 23, 2007

Guitar Hero?


Since my wife has the unfortunate burden of not only working the night shift, but also working on Christmas we decided to open our gifts early. So I got Guitar Hero for Xmas, and I've been playing this game non-stop all weekend. It's no wonder this Guitar Hero has become such a trend in gaming. I never realized until I played it. For those who might read this who have no idea what Guitar Hero is, to be simple you use what looks like a toy guitar and press buttons to simulate like you're playing the guitar, you get points and so forth, but the buttons are situated in such a way as to look like you're playing the guitar.

I know I'm not the only guilty party who spent teenage nights ditching homework and head-banging to "Bang Your Head"(Quiet Riot) and air-guitaring to "Radar Love"(Golden Earring). For us, this game is a dream come true. I find myself acting like an 80's hair metal guitarist, jumping about and acting like I'm playing for an audience. Usually, the only audience is my wife and dogs, and usually she says she's resting her eyes; even the dogs shake their heads. That's okay if you don't want to look, I'll just be here in my rock-star imagination, rocking out for my thousands of admiring (albeit imaginary) fans. It's nice to have a boost in your ego, even if it is all in your head.



No comments: